Saturday, November 1, 2014

Gettin' Cozy


All I felt like wearing on this crisp fall day was something cozy.  I pulled my favorite coat out of the closet and assembled different textures to add some edge to the soft sweater and coat and this is what happened!  I don't know, there's just something about the contrast of leather, wool, and metal.

Ever since the end of October I've felt a change in the air.  But it almost feels like a harsh change to me...  Like something pushing me out of my comfort zone.  Sometimes we get stuck in a nice cozy, comfortable place.  It doesn't necessarily mean that comfort was fulfilling or satisfying, but since it was agreeable we just camp out there because it's easier than doing something else.  I get suspicious when things are too comfortable.  Know why?  Because that means I'm probably not growing.  And at this point of awareness I get to choose whether to reevaluate where I need to press forward or inconvenient situations in life are probably going to knock me out of my little bubble.  I choose to see all challenges as an opportunity to upgrade in life.  However, I have the tendency to go into what I call "fixate mode" when I feel that there's situations in my life that are out of my control.  I've noticed that some go into escape mode or fantasy world, but it's all simply avoiding something we'd rather not deal with.  What I do is get tunnel vision on something I can control such as decorating or revamping the house, purging my wardrobe or obsessing about a project so that I have no time to think about anything else.  But I've gotten to know my evasion tactics enough to be able to snap out of autopilot within a few days or less instead of letting the cycle carry on for weeks, like I used to.  

The reason I bring this up at all is because I genuinely believe that when anyone shares personal insights, discoveries or victories in life, they offer the opportunity for a lightbulb to illuminate for someone else, opening up a door of breakthrough they didn't have before.  We all have a tool to give, a piece of the puzzle, a glimpse of the big picture that someone else needs, so why not share it?  I hope you enjoy my posts, thanks for stopping by!

xx

Photos by Lani Gordon

Coat: Anne Klein
Sweater: Madewell
Coated Skinnies: River Island
Handbag: Rebecca Minkoff (similar here)
Watch: Michael Kors



No comments:

Post a Comment