Saturday, June 6, 2015

Everlane


Spring is not only my favorite time of the year, but it's absolutely my favorite season to dress in too!   Layering the neutrals, shades of blue, soft palettes with bright pops of color, crisp whites and those rose taupes... Sigh.  Can it please be spring all year long?  Everlane is one of those brands that I'm in love with because they offer so many quality, classic staple items.  I picked up this soft cotton sweater and transitional anorak jacket from their site and have been wearing them constantly.  The colors and cuts are so flattering and comfortable, it's the best of both worlds!

Since my post last week I did a little self inventory.  Not extensive or overthinking and nit-picking, but I recognized that I was feeling very unfulfilled and restless amidst the overall bad week experience.  I reevaluated my needs.  Everyone has needs - the universal ones being food, water, love, etc.  But there are some big needs that must be met for emotional health and stability.  And I realized that I wasn't feeling known.  I'm sure it seems obvious, but an introvert like me who actually enjoys alone time might not balance this need well.  Because in order to feel known, you need to connect with people and open up in a vulnerable way that gives them the opportunity to actually know you inside.  Not just a normal conversation or social interaction, but sharing your heart, fears, passions and information that they would never know if you didn't let them in!  And since I intentionally did this with a couple of my close friends, I feel loads better.  It didn't just magically fix everything, but it soothed my soul and took away the restlessness.  It comforted me.  I've noticed that so many people (myself included) don't take the time to recognize our needs that are screaming for our attention, but we stay on autopilot and subconsciously try and fill that hole with anything that will make us feel comfort and happiness to soothe the ache.  But it's a big deal where you turn to for that comfort, because the options are endless and not all of them are good for you!  In fact, many are destructive.  So the first step towards health and growth is to figure out what your biggest needs are and intentionally find creative ways to meet them in a life-giving way.  

Thanks for reading everyone! xx

Photos by Megan Walton

Sweater: Everlane
Jacket: Everlane
Jeans: Genetic Denim (similar here)
Sandals: Topshop
Cross body: Rebecca Minkoff
Sunglasses: Warby Parker


No comments:

Post a Comment