Thursday, September 17, 2015

Wildest Dreams


Fall is approaching quickly, so here's a last few quintessential summer shots.  I was embracing that 70's vibe with the bell sleeves and platform espadrilles.  I love the tassels and body chain together, adding a touch of intrigue to a simple look.  I carried this leather Rib and Hull tote everywhere this summer, the rich color and classic silhouette complimented breezy warm-weather textures so effortlessly.  

As the New York Fashion week passes and we're on to the European FW's, I'm gathering all sorts of ideas and inspiration from the shows and street style.  70's flair is staying strong, in all its structure and frivolity.  And then the minimalistic looks are standouts as well.  I won't even go down the list of all the trends I'm loving, maybe I'll make another post about that topic.  All I know is I need to pick up the perfect lace-up flats ASAP... 

What's getting you excited about the coming fall season?

I don't know about you but I've had Taylor Swift's "Wildest Dreams" on repeat in my head.  The song feels so magical and daring!  The music video is so lovely, sigh.  And that is what this September feels like to me.  
I smell it in the air, this fresh creativity and dare to grow.  Some of it is like a refreshing wind of inspiration and courage while another side of it is fear and insecurities that have held me back don't work for me anymore, they have lost their allure.  The anxieties are still getting up in my face, but they don't feel so permissible now.  They are painful, frustrating and cramping my style.  Like shoes that I've grown out of that are so restricting they're intolerable to walk in.  So it's time to shed the old and get a new pair!  I've been itching to take a class on a topic of interest and feel a new boldness to put myself out there with ventures I haven't pursued before.  Thoughts dance across my consciousness like "Why not try it? You have nothing to lose!"  It's in the atmosphere for a reason, daring us to take risks and push to a higher level.  To leap off the edge and discover that we have wings to soar!

Photos by Joey Brooks

Top: Forever 21 (love the one here!)
Sandals: Vince (similar here)
Sunglasses: Warby Parker






No comments:

Post a Comment