Thursday, June 11, 2015

étoile brillante


This past week we had some gorgeous weather, so obviously I had to break out a mini skirt and embrace it!  With this look I wanted to create interesting and unexpected shapes using basic pieces.  A black blazer is a closet staple in my book, throwing one on can quickly refine your look.  Knotting the corner of a slitted tunic adds intrigue to a minimal color palette and the leather espadrilles scream spring sunshine!   

The past few days I've been thinking back on how far I've come, how much I've grown, and how blessed I am with the people and experiences I have had in my life so far.  I mean I just look back on how when I started my blog I wanted to have a fun creative outlet for my style ideas and thoughts.  I was legitimately terrified to start one!!  My biggest fear was rejection.  That no one would appreciate what I had to offer or find it interesting.  Maybe even that everyone would find my blogging stupid, that I had bad ideas and was ridiculous!  And because those anxieties surfaced I knew I had to create a blog even if it was only for the challenge of conquering them.  Unless you have a blog or creative project like this yourself, you may not realize how much time, effort and discipline goes into maintaining one!  I have bloggers that I follow and inspire me on so many levels.  They put so much work and thought into all the details, and I appreciate that.  The challenge of good quality photography, editing, the location, the outfit, the poses and feeling comfortable in front of a camera, the lighting, the words and ideas in the post, the design of the website, not to mention teaching my friends how to use my camera...!!  And how about those weeks where you feel like you have nothing to say, no ideas to blog and nothing to offer? You push through it.  And I love it.  Blogging has made me grow in so many areas I never would've developed otherwise.  And I bring all this up to hopefully spark ideas and courage for things you may be putting off because they seem too daunting, or your fears are getting in your face at the thought of attempting the pursuit of a dream of yours, no matter how big or small it may be.  You got this.  I'm rooting for you!  Don't hide how amazing you are, shine bright.

x

Photos by Megan Walton

Blazer: H&M (cute one here)
Tee: Pacsun
Skirt: American Eagle Outfitters (love this one too!)
Espadrilles: Vince
Bucket bag: Mansur Gavriel
Sunglasses: Warby Parker



No comments:

Post a Comment