Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Over It All

I love how fun trends have a way of coming back around in a whole new way.  I remember wearing overalls in the 90's with my white platform sneakers and pigtails, oh those were the days.  I was excited when I saw them make a comeback on the fashion runway, and I'm loving the new spin we're taking on them now - a feminine jumper look, paired with heels or wedges, a cute clutch and some lipstick for that laid back chic look.  Another idea is to pair a statement necklace or booties with them too!  There are some great possibilities as long as you add enough feminine pieces to balance out the slouchy masculine of the overalls.  I found mine in a local thrift store for $2.87 and destroyed them myself using this Free People tutorial.  Easiest outfit ever!  Not to mention that the loose fit keeps me cool enough in the 100+ weather lately.  Sooo over it.

Have fun trying out a new look and putting your own spin on it!
xx
White nails.  Such a summer staple.
I'm digging these heels, found them on Hautelook for a steal!
Photography by Amy Vafacoffman


Minaudiere: Rebecca Minkoff
Lipstick: Lady Bug by MAC

No comments:

Post a Comment