Thursday, August 15, 2013

Finland

I'm so excited to be in Helsinki, Finland visiting friends!  Not only do I get to be inspired by Scandinavian fashion and architecture, but the quality of food here and the good company is pretty amazing.  Not to mention, who can really say that they've been to Finland??  Apparently Helsinki is a growing tourist attraction with their signature minimalist and modern style.  My husband and I became best friends the past few years with a couple who are from here and of course we promised to visit them, so here we are!  
So far I've enjoyed some popular local restaurants, walked around downtown Helsinki, watched an intense Finnish hockey game (it's a big deal here), and stuffed my face with Finnish chocolate while I can.
When it comes to European fashion I wanted to be as comfortable as possible walking around the city without looking like an American tourist (not a good look).  So I chose a navy blazer for the fall transition to sharpen up some slouchy boyfriend jeans and sneakers.  Bright pink lipstick, a quilted cross-body with a chain, a rose gold watch and I'm good to go!
How I love to travel.
Quilted leather bags are so luxurious, they're the perfect way to add a fancy touch to what would be a casual outfit.  You can find one like mine here.
This season, a navy blazer is a fall staple in my closet.  It's not as dressy looking as a black blazer but such a classic look.
I'm loving the many textures of visiting a new city!
Best friends reunite =) (and my husband in the background, he's a cutie)
Helsinki definitely reminds me of San Francisco.  Love.
Enjoyed some Asian-Scandinavian fusion cuisine at Twisted - Shrimp and Mung bean noodle salad, Asian wings and ribs, so delicious.
Sunset along the harbor. 
When in Finland, you need to experience a hockey game!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment