Monday, February 3, 2014

Boot Up


So here's outfit 2 of my nautical stripe mini series!  In this look I'm all about contrasting textures and patterns.  I love my stripes with camo, fur, studs, leather... Mixing tough girl with some luxury.  I'm really picky when it comes to what I wear, it has to go with how I feel that that day, otherwise the outside of me is incongruent with what's going on inside.
In some areas of my life lately it feels like I'm trying to trudge through deep, dense mud.  It's taking a ridiculous amount of effort to make progress in these tough areas!  But at the same time I've felt such a grace and "flow" (as I like to call it) in my creativity and ideas.  I've definitely been focusing on areas that feel smooth and inspired right now.  However, I know that I'm meant to gain ground and kick some ass in the hard things as well.  Some days I wake up, turn up my fighter music, don my camo jacket and boots and go tackle those mindsets, conversations, situations and frustrations that are holding me back.  I don't want to live a life that avoids the hard challenges.  I have a destiny and change to make in this world.  When fear is looming in my face, a quiet dread nauseating my stomach and I feel hopeless and stuck, that is like a neon sign flashing to highlight the area I'm meant to overcome, and must overcome to fulfill my true purpose.  

Just some thoughts!
xx

Photos by Jenna Magill


Camo jacket: Pacsun
Striped shirt: Tahari
Pants: J Brand
Watch: Michael Kors
Lipstick: MAC "Rebel"


No comments:

Post a Comment