Thursday, December 18, 2014

Leather & Knits


Happy December everyone!

I'm all about my knits and wool since it cooled down so much this week in northern California!  I picked up this Rebecca Minkoff backpack from her Black Friday sale, I'm loving its versatility in styling my winter outfits.  Whenever I wear knits I like to balance the coziness out with some leather, zippers, studs, jean rips... anything to contrast the soft look of a sweater.  

I've been married for a little over two and a half years now, and I feel like being married now at 26 (our wedding was when I was 24) I have heard a lot of the same questions from others serious about finding "the one."  So many questions are along the lines of "how do I know what kind of person would be my best match?" and "how do I know for sure if they're the right person for me?"  There are many couples with great advice that have tied the knot, I love to hear their opinions as well on this topic.  But as for me, being the high-achiever, creative and ambitious type, I find myself offering the advice that helped me, and maybe it'll give you a different perspective as well.  

First off, I don't believe that there is only one ultimate match for you.  I honestly think that there are quite a few great matches for every person, and you get the special decision of picking which one you want to spend the rest of your life with.  And once you pick, it's an amazing experience of embracing everything about the one you chose and laughing, crying, growing, persevering and sharing life together.  I know not everyone will see this the same way as I do, but the thing to remember is, does this person you're considering long-term let you be you?  Meet you at your level and push you forward to help you in becoming an even more amazing person, while at the same time giving you freedom to simply be yourself, quirks and all?  Do you feel like your awesome true self when you're around them?  I'm quite an introvert and need plenty of space and alone time, although I love to be social and enjoy my friends too.  It's all about the balance for me.  But from the very beginning, Joey always felt like "home" to me.  I could be myself, I could relax.  I didn't need to be "turned on" all the time around him.  It felt so nice and safe.  He's my best friend and lover, I envision us as a hilarious eccentric couple when we're old.  And I love it.  

I know my thoughts won't apply to everyone, but I hope you enjoyed hearing a different perspective! Thanks so much for reading, hope you have a great weekend.

xx

Photos by Molly McKeever

Sweater: Madewell (similar here)
Pants: American Eagle Outfitters
Loafers: Zara


No comments:

Post a Comment