Thursday, April 2, 2015

Breezy


I've been on the hunt for the perfect vertical-striped shirt.  You can imagine how stoked I was to find one for such a reasonable price at H&M!  I love it when that happens.  I can easily dress it up with pumps and a pencil skirt, or go casual with torn jeans and peep toe booties.  Either way, it's a spring/summer staple in my book!

My nice little lesson for this week revolves around this quote from one of my "guru"'s Danny Silk.  

"Free people are going to tell you the truth 
and they are going to make mistakes. 
This will not only test the relationship, 
but it will test the state of your heart."

I was reminded about how I tend to spend an excessive amount of time stuffing my emotions, trying not to hurt the feelings of those closest to me.  But I'm not doing anyone favors by hiding how I really feel about things.  In fact, I'm withholding quality feedback and information that would allow myself to not only feel known, but give the opportunity for those around me to grow and develop.  And it takes courage to be honest about what's going on inside!  Also, I hate making mistakes.  It makes me feel like I failed myself.  But my inner standard can be so astringent that I beat myself up over the littlest things that I would never ridicule someone else for!  I am definitely my own worst critic.  But being aware of these tendencies gives me the chance to work on them and change.  And part of life's journey is that we all need to learn how to be more vulnerable and kind to ourselves.

Just some thoughts, thanks for reading!
Have a lovely weekend.

xx

Photos by Megan Walton

Shirt: H&M
Jeans: Vigoss (similar here)
Booties: Halogen (cute ones here!)
Coat: Calvin Klein
Bucket Bag: Mansur Gavriel



No comments:

Post a Comment