Monday, July 20, 2015

The Beauty Breakdown {Summer Strobing}


I've had several people ask me about making a beauty post lately, so here it is!  
I just picked up Urban Decay's new Naked Smoky palette last week, I'm obsessed.  The colors are so pigmented and fun to layer whether I want to create an ethereal daytime look or smoke up the eyes for a night out.  I've always been a girl who enjoys the artistic nature of makeup, enhancing my natural beauty but not covering up every imperfection.  I love to see my freckles and skin texture, and  show off that summer glow.  I make sure to use a mud mask every week to keep my skin bright and smooth.  Here's some of my current faves I've been using!  

SKINCARE:
1.  The Aveda Enbrightenment Skincare line - I'm all about their cleanser, toner, correcting serum, correcting creme and use the intensive massage masque twice a week.  Love them all!
2.  Mulondon Organic White Chocolate Truffle Moisturiser - I put this on for more intensive overnight hydration, and it smells heavenly.  
3.  Seacret Mineral-Rich Clarifying Mud Mask - this one is perfect for exfoliating once a week, it leaves my skin soft and smooth.

MAKEUP:
1.  Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance - I've been using this for years, it's a staple!
2.  Laura Mercier Secret Concealer - so creamy, great coverage
3. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Mineral Makeup SPF 15 - makes my skin look airbrushed with the natural texture showing through!
4.  Guerlain Meteorites Powder - want a more luminous glow? Look no further.
5.  Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder - get an authentic-looking beachy bronze, no sun damage included.
6.  Urban Decay Naked Flushed - the pink shade on this palette is my go-to, it makes me look like I have a natural blush.  A great way to know if a shade will look good on you is to compare your fingertips next to the color you're considering.  If they compliment each other you'll know that the makeup has the right undertones for your skin, since the blood near the surface of your fingertips reflects your natural flush.  
7.  Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal - my latest and greatest, I don't know how I didn't find this sooner.  It is the perfect highlighter!
8.  Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - I've used this for years, I can't imagine using anything else.  It makes my eyeshadow stay put with absolutely no creasing.  
9.  Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Lip Color in In the Flesh - I recently found out about this lipstick.  I hadn't used a Wet 'n' Wild product since junior high!  This stuff is amazing, they have a beautiful arrangement of colors and I can't believe they're only $2.29 (I snagged mine at a local Walgreens!).
10.  Maybelline The Colossal Volum Express Mascara in Glam Black - I feel like I've tried every popular mascara out there, in every price range, and I always come back to this one.
11.  Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow - I use a dab of this powder to fill in and soften my brows, I'm a big fan of natural looking eyebrows that aren't pencil-thin.  I find that it's ideal to use a color 2 shades lighter than your normal brow color.  

Well I just realized after listing all these favorites that if I ever lose my makeup collection or skincare bag I will be broke... for a very long time.  *cringe*

xx

For an understated daytime smoky eye, I blended Thirteen (brow-bone), High (inner corners), Combust (crease), Radar (crease), Dagger (upper lash line) and Smolder (upper and lower lash line) from the Naked Smoky palette.  
Wet 'n' Wild's "In the Flesh" lipstick is my new favorite for a rosy summer lip!  They have other beautiful pinks and nudes to choose from too.
Highlighting the cheekbones, forehead, nose bridge and brow bones creates a gorgeous youthful glow, Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (I listed the link above) is stunning.  Oh my bad I meant strobing, not highlighting.
Portraits by Megan Walton



No comments:

Post a Comment