Thursday, August 29, 2013

Kale Chips

I love kale.  It's a superfood vegetable and the more dark green, leafy veggies I eat, the better I feel!  Lately I've been on a kale chips rampage, since they're so quick and easy to make and taste delicious.  I've been asked about how to make them, so I'm posting the recipe for you to try out, dare I say, green chips that are both delightful and very nutritious for you.

KALE CHIPS (with garlic cloves)
Serves: 1-2 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes

Ingredients:

-1 package of kale, pre-washed and dried
-Cold pressed olive oil
-1 Whole garlic clove
-Fresh ground salt and pepper

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Tear kale leaves into large bite-size pieces, avoiding the thicker stems. Place in medium sized bowl.
3. Drizzle lightly with olive oil (enough to coat all the leaves when you mix later).
4. Peel all the little garlic cloves and add them to the kale.
5. Thoroughly mix the bowl together with your hands, making sure each leaf and garlic piece is coated with oil. 
6. Spread leaves and garlic evenly on a cookie baking sheet. Grind salt and pepper over them - less is more when it comes to the salt, you need much less than you think!
7. Bake for 7 minutes, remove and immediately scoop kale chips off the pan so they don't keep cooking.
8. Eat them while they're warm and enjoy!!



And don't feel ashamed if you consume the whole pan.  I do it every time...

No comments:

Post a Comment