Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Top 15 Fall 2013 Trends


Fall is coming fast!!

And with it all kinds of fun fashion ideas and combinations.  I've been watching the runway, taking fall 2013 trends and applying them to my personal style.  I know that sometimes it's hard to take what's on the fashion runway and translate it to something wearable for you, so here are 15 of my favorite trends and examples of what will be my ideal closet staples this upcoming season.  Of course some of these things are out of my price range, however they are the style and item that I have my eye out for!


1. Cable Knit Sweater - This is my take on the "American Pastoral" style that is trending this fall.  Cozy knits, yes please!  
2. Dark Floral Shift Dress - Dark florals and patterns are going to be popular, and I'm loving this versatile shift dress.

3. Burgundy Leather Skinnies - It's all about leather when the weather takes a turn for the cool.  On top of my black leather pieces, I want to try out some burgundy skinny jeans!
4. Balenciaga Structured Satchel - A structured handbag this fall is a must.
5. Tuxedo Blazer - The tuxe-luxe look is going to be on point, and this blazer captures the trend perfectly.
1. Cobalt Blue Coat - Make sure to go out and find something blue that you love this season, I'm in love with a vibrant cobalt, so this would be my pick.
2. Houndstooth Pencil Skirt - The classic print is back.  It makes any outfit look more taylored and classy. 
3. Winter White - You don't need to get bored with all the dark colors when it gets cold, winter whites are going to be a staple.  So find something white with a structured cut and warm fabric and you're good to go!
4. Leopard Print - We won't be leaving behind this popular animal print, we'll just be pairing it with more muted colors and wearing it as our statement piece.  These leopard pants are amazing. 
5. Ankle Boots - Boots that hit right above the ankle are a staple, and these ones from Rebecca Minkoff are my favorite.
1. Emerald Dress - Emerald was named the color of 2013, so true to form, an emerald dress, bag, or coat is the perfect pop to a fall wardrobe.
2. Over-the-Knee Boots - Sky high boots were all over the Fall 2013 runway, and this boot's style is my favorite with the black suede and chunky heel.
3. 90's Grunge - Yes, the 90's are back.  And I'm totally into bringing some 90's plaid back into my closet.
4. Military Inspired - Military inspired structural coats are in this season.  This one looks so vintage and I'm loving the fur to top it off. 
5. Beanies - Beanies and hats are being mixed into the 90's grunge look, but also in unexpected ways like with a dress or more taylored outfit.

I hope this gives you some ideas of how to wear this fall's trends practically.  Have fun!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment