Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sporty Kicks


I've been working a lot lately, so when I'm not on the clock my go-to is throwing on some comfy sneakers to run errands around town.  I love them paired with a skirt or cute coat, anything to contrast the sporty kicks.  Spring and fall are my favorite seasons for dressing because I love to experiment with layers without bulking up for winter or only wearing the bare essentials of a hot summer.  

I picked up this Rib and Hull tote from their recent sale, I'm in love.  There's something so satisfying about quality, simplicity and the basics.  I feel like that's what this season of life is about for me.  Focusing on the meaningful basics and not letting circumstances get any sort of fear reaction out of me.  The challenges and chaos of life's problems can get in your face so much that you feel overwhelmed, but they only win if they distract you from what's most important.  Circumstances never dictate who you are.  Your internal identity, core values and choices are what you can always govern and control.  Happiness and character are an inside job.  Whether life takes you to the mountaintops or into deep dark valleys,  never lose sight of who you are and what really matters.

xx

Photos by Jenna Magill


Coat: Anne Klein
Sweater: Forever 21
Pencil skirt: H&M
Tote: Rib & Hull
Sneakers: New Balance 420


No comments:

Post a Comment