Thursday, April 16, 2015

Festival Vibes


So I don't know about you, but this time of year festival and Coachella style is blowing up my Instagram and Pinterest newsfeed like crazy!  It would be amazing to go someday, but I don't have the time nor money to hit up Coachella this year but I still can embrace the festival fashion, just in my own way.  Depending on where you live, you can totally capture that boho vibe.  I love the inspiration from my newsfeed!  It's always nice to get new ideas and fashion flavor.  I live in a northern California beach town where we get cooler weather this time of year, so I'm not going to break out my hot weather dresses or high waisted shorts just yet.  However I definitely will throw on summer blue flares and a crop top, and style them according to what I'm up to that day.  The simplest plaid button up or white blazer can transform these staples into a day out with friends or date night with my man.  So here is how I channel that boho festival flair in my own daily life.  

I'll talk you through my thoughts below.
Hope this sparks some inspiration for you!

x

Here's the base:  A loose off-the-shoulder crop top, light blue flare jeans, platforms, bucket bag, sunglasses and a body chain for a spicy touch.


Throw in a little 90's flair with a plaid shirt to tie around the waist.  It looks so effortless, perfect for a daytime look running errands or hanging out with the ladies.


The body chain gives a little intrigue to the outfit, and I'm all about the unexpected details.


Swap out the plaid shirt for a blazer to dress up this casual look.  It still doesn't look too fancy but just more put together.  Love!

Photos by Megan Walton

Jeans: J Brand
Plaid shirt: American Eagle Outfitters (similar here)
Blazer: LC by Lauren Conrad (cute one here!)
Bucket Bag: Mansur Gavriel
Sunglasses: Warby Parker
Platform booties: Cynthia Vincent (similar here)



No comments:

Post a Comment